Before signature of an Offer to Purchase the purchaser should verify the following:
Never be pressurised into signing a contract.
- Zoning and allowed usage of the property.
- Valuation of the property.
- Restrictive or onerous conditions on the property.
- Lease agreements, duration and current rental income of the lease if applicable.
- A lease will have preference over the sale of the property.
- Current Levies, Special Levies, Taxes, Municipal Rates.
- Costs of acquiring and transferring the property.
- What is the Tenant’s Rights When You Sell Your House
- Buying empty stand subject to obligatory building clause.
- Why use Louwrens Koen Conveyancers to transfer your property?
About the Author
Louwrens Koen was admitted as an Attorney in 1995 after completing his Blc LLb degrees from the University of Pretoria. He is also an admitted Conveyancer, Notary Public and University Guest Lecturer.