40. Certificate of consolidated or amended title of two or more pieces of land
40. Certificate of consolidated or amended title of two or more pieces of land.—(1) If a diagram has been framed and approved under the provisions of the Land Survey Act, 1997, and such diagram represents two or more pieces of land which are—
(a) contiguous to each other;
(b) owned by the same person or by two or more persons in the same undivided shares in each such piece of land;
(c) . . . . . .
(d) registered in the same property register;
(e) situated in the same administrative district; and
( f ) situated in the same province,
the title deed or deeds of the said pieces of land may be superseded by a certificate of consolidated title issued by the registrar in the prescribed form, provided the requirements of this section are met: Provided that if the diagram was approved before the commencement of the Deeds Registries Amendment Act, 1998, the requirement contained in paragraph ( f ) shall be disregarded.
(2) . . . . . .
[Sub-s. (2) deleted by s. 18 (c) of Act No. 43 of 1957.]
(3) Every such certificate shall be in accordance with the new diagram and shall be issued on written application by the owner or owners of the pieces of land in question accompanied by the title deed or deeds thereof and any bond thereon, together with the written consent of the holder of the bond.
(4) In registering the certificate, the registrar shall endorse on the title deed or deeds that they have, in respect of the land described in the certificate, been superseded by the certificate, and on the certificate that the land therein described or the share thereof referred to in such endorsement, is mortgaged by such bond and shall make such endorsements on the bond and such entries in the registers as shall clearly indicate that the land is now owned by virtue of the certificate and that the land or such share thereof is subject to such bond.
(5) (a) If a portion only of the land represented on the new diagram is mortgaged, a certificate may not be issued unless the bond is cancelled: Provided that on the written application of the owner and with the consent of the mortgagee, all the land included in the new diagram may be substituted for the land originally mortgaged under the bond.
(b) If different portions of the land represented on the new diagram are mortgaged under different bonds, the certificate may not be issued unless the bonds are cancelled.
(6) (a) If portion only of the said land is subject to any registered deed of lease or other registered deed other than a bond, whereby any real right in the land is held by any other person, the certificate shall not be issued unless a diagram of such portion is already annexed to the said registered deed, or, if no such diagram is so annexed, unless a diagram in duplicate (or triplicate if required by the registrar) of such portion is produced: Provided that it shall not be necessary to produce a diagram of such portion if the diagram of the consolidated land shows that portion by dotted lines or in such other way as to identify it.
(b) The said diagram shall be annexed to the registered deed aforesaid and the registry duplicate thereof, and shall be mentioned in any endorsement made on or reference made in the certificate concerning such registered deed.
(7) . . . . . .
(8) No diagram representing a combination of portions of two or more pieces of land shall be accepted in a deeds registry for purposes of transfer until a certificate of consolidated title has been issued for the land represented on such diagram.
(9) More than one combination of portions of two or more pieces of land, each of which combinations is
represented on a separate diagram, may be included in one certificate of consolidated title: Provided that each combination is described in a separate paragraph therein.
- Hits: 5658