43. Certificate of registered title of portion of a piece of land.—(1) If a defined portion of a piece of land has been surveyed and a diagram thereof has been approved by the surveyor-general concerned, the registrar may on written application by the owner of the land accompanied by the diagram of such portion, the title deed of the land, any bond thereon and the written consent of the holder of any such bond, issue a certificate of registered title in respect of such portion, as nearly as practicable in the prescribed form.
(2) In registering the certificate the registrar shall endorse on the title deed that it has been superseded by the certificate in respect of the land described in the certificate, and on the certificate that the land described therein is mortgaged by the bond, and shall make such endorsements on the bond and such entries in the registers as shall clearly indicate that the land is now owned by virtue of the certificate and is subject to such bond.
(3) The provisions of this section shall also apply where two or more defined portions of a piece of land have been surveyed and the diagrams thereof approved: Provided that each of such portions shall be described in a separate paragraph in the certificate.
(4) No defined portion of a piece of land shall be mortgaged until the owner thereof has obtained a certificate of registered title in respect of such portion in accordance with the provisions of this section.
(5) (a) Save in the case of a transfer of a whole erf, no owner of a township or settlement in whose title deed the individual erven are not separately described, shall deal separately in any way with an individual erf in such township or settlement or any portion thereof or share therein until he has obtained a certificate of registered title of such erf in the prescribed form.
- Hits: 769